Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shamrock Spinner

I am planning to celebrate St.Patricks Day with games and activities at next week's group lesson, but I thought I should do something little this week since this week is the actual holiday.

So...I made what I call the Shamrock Spinner.  I simply bought this large foam shamrock (it's about 12" across), labeled the leaves as you see here and added a spinner.

At each lesson, I am allowing the students a spin to find out which 5 minute activity or game we will play at their lesson.  The stem became "your choice" just for added fun. 

If you've never attached a spinner, here are some quick instructions.  It's extremely easy!


You need a spinner, which can be found at most craft stores, a bead or charm that has a hole in the middle (It doesn't matter what it looks like - this one is heart shaped and I just cut off the loop at the top with metal cutters) and a brad long enough to go through the spinner,  the bead and the board (or in this case, the shamrock), and be able to turn the ends slightly on the back. 

The charm or bead adds the necessary height so that the spinner spins freely.  I also bend the two ends of the spinner up slightly to give it added movement.  That's it!  Pretty easy, right?

I hope you are having a great week with your students. 

No comments: