Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

LABYRINTH - Terminology Style!

Labyrinth is a fun game all in itself, but imagine a terminology version!  Well, that's what we did!

In Labyrinth you race to search for treasure  within a twisting maze.  A little adjusting and this game was ready to play! If you want to try your hand at it, grab a sharpie or two, some stickable labels and scissors!








I cut address labels in thirds and covered each of the pictures on the game board and game pieces.   I chose 24 terms I wanted to drill with my students and drew them on the labels.






Then I placed labels on the game cards - again covering the picture on the card and then wrote the name of the term on the cards.  This way students need to match up the name of the term with the picture of the term.

That's it!






The game is then played like the instructions tell you!  The nice thing about this game is that you can tailor it to the time you have available.  Use all 24 cards (it takes about 30 minutes so it would be great for a station at a group lesson) or choose a few and limit the time.

I played the game recently with several of my students and they LOVED it!  It was a great, FUN way to review musical terminology!

No comments: